Trim Enabler, Logic 10.1.1, OS 10.10.3 w/3rd party SSD?

If anyone is using this combination and feels good about it let me know. I'm afraid that I could royally screw something up if I enable trim on my system. On the other hand, I'm worried my performance and SSD will suffer if I don't have trim. I'm somewhat naive on this subject. I've tried searching the forum and didn't feel like I got any decisive info on this, so I appreciate any input.

peace, geoff

My general feeling is that I will not compromise the security of my system by doing what is necessary to enable trim (essentially, turning off driver signing), unless I get to the point where I know the performance is suffering - at which time, I'll re-evaluate that.

If you feel the performance of your SSD has started to degrade, that's one thing, but if you are just worrying that the sky maybe falling even thought there is no evidence, I'd suggest it's probably not worth worrying about.

That's just where I'm coming from, anyway...

PLEASE google this, check the macrumors forums. i thought i'd read that you should NOT enable trim on yosemite...(i could be wrong). just be sure of what you're doing...

It just means, as I said above, that you have to disable kext driver signing to be able to run trim enabler, which is not an optimal solution.

"It is important to note that disabling the kext-signing to enable Trim is best described as taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut, and for most users it will not be worth it. "

That's just where I'm coming from, anyway...

And actually, since I'm on Mavericks still, I *could* run Trim Enabler - because there is no driver signing, what happens is the driver that enables this is modified. Because on Yosemite drivers are signed, any modifications are not alowed and will stop Yosemite booting - this is why you'd need to turn driver signing off in order to do it, which is... a fairly sizable caveat.

And looking at the speed benefits of trim, modern SSD technology and the fact that SSD life is good these days, mean running trim isn't as much of a big deal as it once was imo.