Two Questions

sus4

First: In my arrange window I have a track that says Cyms. When I press X to go into my mixer that track says Alto 1. Does not say Cyms. All the other tracks in the mixer match the arrange window tracks. How can I change the name to Cyms in the mixer window?

Second: This may be related to the first question. Above my first track in the arrange window is this + which is for a New Track. Beside that is the same symbol only in a square box which says New Track With Duplicate Settings. Now, beside that is an S which I've never seen before in any of my other arrangements. This S is new. I think it has something to do with Solo because when I click on it, it lights up and the Cyms track Solo lights up. How can I get rid of the S and not have it Solo the Cyms tracks?

Thanks.

Arrange tracks and channel strips can be named separately - double-click the name to edit, or delete the name (backspace) to reset it.

The Solo button up there is a new feature for recent versions of LPX. It's useful, as it indicates whether something is solo'd and gives you an easy way to disable anything soloed.

Great. Thanks.

Can you tell me why when I press the S button up top of the arrange window the Cyms track is soloed. If I press the S button on the Cyms track it does go out, but if I press the S button up top again the Cyms track is soloed again. Is that right?

Can you tell me why when I press the S button up top of the arrange window the Cyms track is soloed. If I press the S button on the Cyms track it does go out, but if I press the S button up top again the Cyms track is soloed again. Is that right?

Yes. It's toggling the solo between off (nothing soloed) and the last soloed track. When the S is lit, it means Logic is in solo mode so something is being soloed. Clicking the S unsolos everything so Logic will be playing everything again. Clicking it again will toggle back to what was soloed before.

It's perfectly normal and intended useful behaviour. :)

You won't see the global S solo button in a project until you solo something for the first time. Then it will be visible and available.

Archived