Exs 24 sounds are gone... help

zovek

This was my mistake:

In order to make more space in my imac I moved most of my Logic files (songs or arrangements) to a usb. When I tried to use arrangements from the usb most of the Exs24 sounds were not available. So I move the sounds back to the hardrive, but got the same result.

Wether I open an old file or I create a new one, the sounds are not there. I have all the AU instruments are there and work (Arturia, Natvie Instruments, etc). Its just the EXs24...

Thanks for any advice

Zovek

Imac OS X Yosemite

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core

Memory 4 GB

I use Logic Pro 9. The Logic EXS24 sampler is the one that is giving me problems. If I open a song, the first thing I see is a window telling me that "Rotary vibraphone.exs" sound is not available (to put an example). The same goes for all my songs that contain sounds from the same sampler. New songs don`t allow me either to use songs from the EXS24.

I know the sounds are there, because all of a sudden everything is back to normal, and the synth works... but next day back to square number one.

I am thinking of uninstall and install again Logic Pro 9, but I am afraid of loosing all the sounds that I made through the years...

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.1.1)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X Yosemite 10.10.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

I understand that you are having issues with EXS but is it with your own samples or with the factory bank?

I found the solution, googling the problem. This is what I did and worked:

No, not the Logic Installation Discs.  Leave the Logic Install Discs alone now - Forget about them

You need to find your O.S Install Discs. The Garageband Application is usually on the Operating System Install Discs as an included Application.

Get those discs, but DO NOT run the Intallation.

1. First Download Pacifist

2. Use Pacifist to open the Intall Discs and locate the Garageband Files.

3. Then find the Folders - Hybrid Basic and Hybrid Morphs

Those are the files that you need to re-install to make both Garageband and Logic Instruments complete again.

.pst files should be found in

Hard Disc/Library/Application Support/Garageband/Instrument Library/Plug-In Settings/Hybrid Basic

and

Hard Disc/Library/Application Support/Garageband/Instrument Library/Plug-In Settings/Hybrid Morph

Take a look on your Hard Disc and see if they are there at the moment.

If not, locate them with Pacifist and restore the folder with the .pst files

Sampler Files may have also been messed up. Drum Kits tended to vanish for many people. So check Garageband and see if your Drum Kits still play - if the files are missing - all MIDI notes will just sound a nasty pitch noise that will give you a headache : ) HipHop Kit and Dance Kit vanished for most people.

example

Hard Disc/Library/Application Support/Garageband/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files/Dance Kit

That's where the .aif Files should be - If they are not there, restore those folders

Also check for the .exs Files in their Folders . . . example

Hard Disc/Library/Application Support/Garageband/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Instruments/Hybrid Basic

and

Hard Disc/Library/Application Support/Garageband/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Instruments/Hybrid Morph

That's the essence of what you need to do. It's a lot of cross referencing but if you want Logic and GB to play as it should . . . it has to be done.