Automation Bugs

ambroseent

Hello maybe I'm missing something but I'm very frustrated at the moment with Logic Pro X. I used 9 for years and in X there are many improvements but many things that are broken as well that were fine in 9. Right now I'm having issue with automation. I am automating within a midi region not in the track itself. If I open the automation event list it shows nothing even if I highlight the automation nodes and/or click on the midi region. It will show events if they are in the track but not if drawn in the midi region. Why is that? If I try to simply erase a node with the eraser tool it erases the entire region not just one node. If I highlight the node and press the delete key I get a pop up that asks me if I want to delete the entire track and all the regions. Very buggy! I just want to delete one simple node. Moving nodes in track automation is very glitchy as well. When you start moving one around the automation line jumps up and down until i stop moving it. Not a smooth way to work. There are many more buggy things I've been noticing in this version of logic that I won't bother to go into here but I seriously hope they start fixing some of these issues that although may seem small are very annoying.

Which specific version of Logic Pro X are you using?

Posting your system's specs in your signature, as stipulated in the Board Rule #5, could help us help you...

Logic Pro 10.1.1

My system: Mid 2010 Mac Pro, 6 GB RAM, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel, OSX 10.10.2, Logic Pro 10.1.1, 2 RME Multiface ii HDSPe PCI, Driver version 4.03, Card Rev. 20.

Works fine here...

Have you tried double-clicking (with the regular pointer) on the node to be deleted?

Apparently, there is now 2 types of RBA which will appear as either CCs or faders events in the Event list editor. That could be confusing at first...

Have you checked the documentation about automation?

Also, I find that using the dedicated automation select tool makes it easier...

Archived