Song starting behind playhead

zurdyo

Hey all,

I've been having a peculiar issue since forever: when I'm in the edit window and place the playhead in the exact point I want to start listening from, but when I press play, it goes behind a bit and starts from there. This makes it impossible for me to hear where the exact spot I want to edit in is.

Also, is there any way to place the playhead clicking in any other part of the screen other than the top of the timeline? Like in Pro Tools, so to be clear. (sorry for the double request, but didn't want to open a third topic in such a short span of time)

Thanks for all the precious help! :)))

Cheers,

Z

Hey all,

I've been having a peculiar issue since forever: when I'm in the edit window and place the playhead in the exact point I want to start listening from, but when I press play, it goes behind a bit and starts from there. This makes it impossible for me to hear where the exact spot I want to edit in is.

Have you tried double clicking (on the timeline) at the exact position you want it to start playback? Also, there are options available, from the contextual pop-up menu when you right-click (Control-click) on the Play button, which could help...

Also, is there any way to place the playhead clicking in any other part of the screen other than the top of the timeline? Like in Pro Tools, so to be clear. (sorry for the double request, but didn't want to open a third topic in such a short span of time)...
Using the cycle or selecting a specific area with the Marquee tool could alleviate resorting to the timeline playhead positionning...

Hey all,

Have you tried double clicking (on the timeline) at the exact position you want it to start playback? Also, there are options available, from the contextual pop-up menu when you right-click (Control-click) on the Play button, which could help...

Double clicking on the timeline does the trick, but I'd like it to work with the spacebar as well, since I'm busy with the mouse elsewhere and I cant start the playhead unless it's on the timeline. I saw the options you mention, but it would involve using more tools. In my case, this happens in the edit window when I'm in Flex Pitch mode. It doesn't happen in the same window when I'm not in Flex mode.

Also, is there any way to place the playhead clicking in any other part of the screen other than the top of the timeline? Like in Pro Tools, so to be clear. (sorry for the double request, but didn't want to open a third topic in such a short span of time)...
Using the cycle or selecting a specific area with the Marquee tool could alleviate resorting to the timeline playhead positionning...

Mmmh, was hoping to solve the spacebar issue, rather than resorting in more tools.

1. Choose File > Project Settings > Audio. Uncheck playback pre-roll.

Awesome!

2. Like Atlas said: use the marquee tool. If you have it as your command tool (default) it's just a matter of command clicking and hitting the space bar.

Cool, then I guess I don't know how to use the marquee tool in Flex Pitch mode, because selecting and pressing space bar doesn't work for me. :-/

It works fine if you command-click the region's name area (the solid color bar at the top).

In the tracks area, but it doesn't work directly in editor.

All other algorithms work well in conjunction with the Marquee tool.

A workaround is to have flex view turned on in the editor but not in the tracks area. This will enable you to use the marquee tool anywhere on the region as long as you do it in the tracks area.