Am I limited to 2 midi clocks in Logic?

EZB

I need to 3 pieces of gear to start playing when I press the play button in the Logic Transport bar. However, when I go to Project Settings->Synchronization I see I can only choose 2 destinations for sync. Am I limited to 2 destinations or am I missing something and is there a general midi clock that is sent to every midi external instrument track I create?

I need to 3 pieces of gear to start playing when I press the play button in the Logic Transport bar. However, when I go to Project Settings->Synchronization I see I can only choose 2 destinations for sync. Am I limited to 2 destinations or am I missing something and is there a general midi clock that is sent to every midi external instrument track I create?

Choose "Destination 1: All" and clock will be sent to all MIDI ports...

• 3 weeks later...
the problem of logic pro that i use, is that logic send a midi clock to all the synth and like that he send a clock to synths and it makes notes mistake , too long ... why logic creator don't give the choice to assign the clock to a mid channel of our choice, a lot of producer like me want to synch the midi clock to vintage drum machine in sync (mean the pattern start to play and not in this case program the midi note in logic pro), so no way to assign a midi channel to the midi clock channel, they dont think of people who own vintage synth and machine like me : obxa, matrix6, dmx, tr808 (sync only), minpops7 (midi sync only), in my set up logic sedn the midi clock to all machine and dont give the choice to send the midi clock just to the midi channel of my choice !!!!!

why logic creator don't give the choice to assign the clock to a mid channel of our choice

MIDI clock is a System message, not a Channel message. Clocks have no MIDI channel, and so for any port you either send clock or you don't. In Logic you can choose up to two different ports (in addition to "All") to send clock to.

If you want something more flexible, and send to more than two ports under your control, but not to all ports, then you might be able to rig something up with an external solution, like MIDIPipe - get Logic to send the clock to that, and use that to distribute MIDI clock to whichever ports you need to.

Thank you des99 , the problem is that in logic pro X in midi clock destination folder you cannot separate the destination it show you all the machine name in one chain, i try MidiPipe but and it's work and delete the error note.

This is my set up (by chance if i bounce the minimpops7 in an audio track everything is ok for me) :

http://analogsynthmuseum.free.fr/images/new%20images%202015-2016/SUPERFUNK%20SETUP%20ORIGINAL%20small%202.png

http://analogsynthmuseum.free.fr/images/new%20images%202015-2016/Logic%20pro%20X%20&%20sbx1%20set%20up%20final%20new%20small3.png

thanks.

Archived