The best interface for up to 400$

Happy Focusrite Saffire Pro24 DSP user here. You need to be sure you are getting the configuration that is right for you. My unit has two preamps every now and again I wish it were 4, but 90% of the time it is spot on. So my advice is to figure out what you need, find out what's available with an acceptable spec for your budget, and go from there.

Any experience with Focusrite Scarlett?

I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 a few weeks ago, no problems so far. It's not particularly high-end but gets the job done (and looks pretty, too :) ). The preamps give you lots of gain, which has been a great help when recording my not-so-hot electric bass.

I have been loving the Steinberg UR44. For $299 it includes 4 D-PRE mic pres, 2 - 1/4" headphone outs/knobs on the front, MIDI IN/OUT, 2 line inputs 5+6 on back if using external pre. Onboard DSP effects as well, which is great for monitor mixes on phones 2. And 192kHz converters allow for more flexibility, especially when taking a project home from a studio recording at 192kHz.

And 192kHz converters allow for more flexibility, especially when taking a project home from a studio recording at 192kHz.

192 kHz will just bog your system down with at least the quadruple CPU usage and disk space.

You will not gain anything sonically unless you are doing some crazy speeding-down sound designer eve wackier stuff.

And 192kHz converters allow for more flexibility, especially when taking a project home from a studio recording at 192kHz.

192 kHz will just bog your system down with at least the quadruple CPU usage and disk space.

You will not gain anything sonically unless you are doing some crazy speeding-down sound designer eve wackier stuff.

+1