More features that are missing in LogicX

Logicno8

Can someone please enlighten me and tell me what happened to all these neat functions for editing we had in Logic 9 and they don't exist in version X ?

Like the bar full of useful functions that I had in the upper left of the Arrange Window, like Delete All Automation and what not and now it's gone plus SUPER USEFUL Sample Editor Bar where you can change the pitch, timing, reverse audio and do all kinds of stuff.

I mean I don't care about how cool new compressor looks like I just care that I can't work in Logic anymore cuz new release has stripped like 30% of most useful functions or they hid them somewhere.

579712361_Sampleeditorbar.png.b43ee74d4b7a637c1a8708cdbc9cce48.png

GONE

107611993_Arrangebar.png.1ad50f50341e0b2cc81c69d0208cc839.png

GONE

Hi

You did turn on all the advanced tools via Logic Pro Preferences didn't you?

CCT

Well I just did now, I press ENABLE THEM ALL and I still have the same limited amount of options in Arrange window and Sample Editor window.

I am sorry I just realized in Sampler Editor its now under a FILE and I was seeing a TRACK screen.

But in Arrange window I still don't have all those options. For instance one that I really miss was AUTOMATION where you can delete all automation for selected track or just visible one. (amongst all the other offered options)

Hi

In that case, I respectfully suggest that you spend some time with LPX, checking out the application, it"s revised terminology and menu structures etc. For example, the Mix menu, which contains all the Automation functions that you mentioned.

CCT

As CCTMusic suggested, a lot of features have been moved around, and all the menus have been reorganized in Logic Pro X. Menus are now action-based (Record, Mix, Navigate...) which should make it easier to find what you're looking for than before (Options, Settings, Tools...). I find the new organization much better even if it sometimes still feels like a work in progress - and of course it's always frustrating to us long-time users when we can't find our tools in the same place we always found them before.

Thank you guys. Really appreciated, I learned a lot here and this forum didn't see me for aa while since I started getting really good grip on things in Logic world and audio in general and somehow this 10.1 release really made me feel like back to the drawing board almost. So I guess I need to check those new terms. Record window sounds like what Arrange window used to be, Mix is mix and not sure what Navigate is :)

Those are not window names. Those are the actions you're taking when producing music: you mix, you have navigate your project, you have to record things, etc... so the tools you need for those actions are organized in those menus. For example when recording you may need to access your count-in settings. When mixing you may need to work with Automation. When navigating you may want to create markers. Etc...

The new name for the Arrange window is "Main window."

The new name for the Arrange area is "Tracks area."

Archived