Problem importing EXS24 instruments into Ultrabeat

Elevators

Hi people,

I'm now on Logic Pro X with a new Mac finally, but am still having problems importing EXS24 files into Ultrabeat. I want to be able to do this so that I can tweak individual drum hits (something you can't do with EXS24 - if you tweak one you tweak them all).

I've searched a lot on the internet for an answer, but most of the advice pertains to users of Logic 9.

For instance, this advice doesn't work:

"In Ultrabeat, click the "Import" button at the top left, navigate to your .exs instrument and click Open. Then drag and drop the invididual voices from the .exs instrument onto the Ultrabeat voice slots on the left." Logic Pro Help • View topic - Importing EXS Instruments into Ultrabeat

As far as I can tell, Logic Pro X no longer seems to save all the individual slices, only the original unsliced sample? So for instance when I go to User->Music->Audio Music Apps->Sampler Instruments->Sampler Instruments, and click on the folder which should contain the audio slice files, there is only one file in there: "smp1#07.aif".

--------EDIT--------

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that when I 'Convert to new sampler track', then go into EXS24 and hit 'EDIT' and look at my 16 or so samples, under the 'Audio File' field all 16 tracks have same name (in this instance, 'Samp1#06.aif').

???

Perplexing!

Peace

Nor does this advice from the Logic 9 manual work:

"You can also import an entire EXS instrument by dragging an EXS instrument file from the Finder directly onto the Assignment section (see Importing Entire EXS Instruments into Ultrabeat)." https://documentation.apple.com/en/l...5%26tasks=true

I drag and drop an EXS instrument file into ultrabeat, hit the midi keyboard and silence is what comes out!

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

Logic Pro X, Mac quad, EPS16, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R, Emagic Logic Control

• 4 weeks later...

"In Ultrabeat, click the "Import" button at the top left, navigate to your .exs instrument and click Open. Then drag and drop the invididual voices from the .exs instrument onto the Ultrabeat voice slots on the left." Logic Pro Help • View topic - Importing EXS Instruments into Ultrabeat.

Have you tried the Import List button instead?image.jpg.59a785ccfac19df97737cc1438ea81c1.jpg

As far as I can tell, Logic Pro X no longer seems to save all the individual slices, only the original unsliced sample? So for instance when I go to User->Music->Audio Music Apps->Sampler Instruments->Sampler Instruments, and click on the folder which should contain the audio slice files, there is only one file in there: "smp1#07.aif".
I think that only one sample file (zone) could be loaded per note...

Nor does this advice from the Logic 9 manual work:

"You can also import an entire EXS instrument by dragging an EXS instrument file from the Finder directly onto the Assignment section (see Importing Entire EXS Instruments into Ultrabeat)." https://documentation.apple.com/en/l...5%26tasks=true

I drag and drop an EXS instrument file into ultrabeat, hit the midi keyboard and silence is what comes out!

• Note: This method does not allow paging through the EXS instrument if it contains more than 25 sounds (samples). Ultrabeat maps only sample zones and layers that fall within Ultrabeat’s drum sound range of C1 to C3. All other samples (zones) are ignored.

Logic Pro X, Mac quad, EPS16, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R, Emagic Logic Control

:idea: Recording/updating your specs info in your signature would save you from having to re-enter them on every post...