New track for bounced file duplicates buses??

leseam

When I bounce a midi file or audio file, the bounced file does not include the effects from the buses in the original track. Instead the buses are duplicated to the new track where the bounced track appears. It only seems to include the Audio FX.

What I want is the bounced file to include all Audio FX and the effects from the buses.

The bouncing settings are set to default.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

I have already tried that, but the buses still duplicate to the new track. I have never had this problem before when bouncing so I thought that it could be a setting somewhere that I have changed by mistake.

Hi lesam!

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.1.1)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X Yosemite 10.10.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Still doesn't work :(

Could you post a screenshot of your Main window and the mixer?

Do you see the button 'Bnce' right above the mute button on the output channel? Click that button and you will do a "regular" bounce (NOT bounce in place). This regular bounce will include everything you hear. So usually the whole mix. If you solo a channel it will include all effect sends. If you want to bounce the dry signal, solo the channel and deactivate all sends (or mute the effect channels).

Now it kind of work, but the bounced file is saved in the "Bounces" folder.

It's just weird because before I was able to get the same type of audio file (with all the effects and sends) just by using the "Bounce in place" option. But I guess this works in the short term. Thanks guys!

You're welcome!

You can add the file to your project audio by checking the appropriate box in the bounce window.

Drag it to an empty space in the tracks area and choose Edit > Move > To Recorded Position.

It's just weird because before I was able to get the same type of audio file (with all the effects and sends) just by using the "Bounce in place" option.

That's not possible.

Bounce in place taps into the output signal of the selected channel strip but will not listen to the effect channels.

• 7 months later...

Hey Eric,

I re-read this and just want to confirm, I want to bounce a group (i.e. a "harmonies" group) and on that bounce, include both the fx on the group itself, and the effects from the bus. For example, in the attached photo, bounce the group with the EQ and Compression applied and Bus 34 effects. The only way I've known how to do this is to solo that group, and do a regular bounce. This obviously works but it can get tedious when there are 15-20 groups. Do you have any pointers on how to improve this workflow?

1533560323_ScreenShot2016-01-02at9_40_43AM.png.56cb63fb3cfbc361f6034214f4593e63.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure that it's because folks like me (p.s. no offense taken ... :) ) simply don't know any better, yet. (A separate forum-section called "Beginner's Tips" would be helpful.) It's quite difficult to "see the big picture" when you are learning a product of this complexity. You find one way that seems to do it, and you might not be aware (yet) of other strategies.

(Uh huh, "The Book" is on my to-buy list ... as may well be the training course, someday. Poco a poco ...)

I think it's not because of the complexity, but because (most) rookies nowaday expect that everything just works fine, without prior learning and understanding the basics. I guess that's what the biggest disadvantages of computers and software these days are. They mislead rookies.

I had to learn a lot of those basics BEFORE I was able to use hardware in the 90s, I don't talk about a whole song production, recording and mixdown. Why the heck should beginners not do the same today?

But I have to agree, better and helpful replies are the way to go. I myself sometimes loose nerves when I see that the most basic things are not considered. I just have to remind myself, that, even if it seems basic to me, it must not be the basic to someone else ;)