Multiple EQ Settings for the same track?

Josh.Cancon

Hey guys.

Is it possible to have a completely different EQ setting (multiple EQ parameters) for different parts of a track?

I want to be able to loop eg. my chorus and create a chorus EQ setting for my vocal track (by editing the EQ's plugin window), and then loop the verse and create a Verse EQ setting for the same track.

I know I could write in each of the parameter changes manually but this doesn't seem very elegant.

Or you could have a bunch of EQ's on the track, and automate the bypass state for each so different ones were active on different parts of the song. Or split bits of the track across multiple tracks, and put different EQ's on each, so eg the verse comes on audio track 1, the chorus on audio track 2 etc. Or mult the track out to multiple busses, put the different processing on those, and automate which are active.

These are all workable approaches to doing this, and which you choose depends on the requirements.