Where can I get more midi instruments?

Hi! :D First of all sorry for my bad english, its not my main language. So I'm making electronic music genre called SynthWave and I love logic, its simple and complete. Im playing all the instruments with my midi usb keybord (drums, synth, bass,etc) but the problem is that logic doesn't have many instruments. I want variety but there is not enought drums, synth and bass. I downloaded many samples but as they are not "midi" I cant play them with my keybord. (As you can see I dont understand much about the midi stuff 8) ) All I want is more midi instruments that I could play with my keybord and record them in "midi" but I have no idea where to look. As you can see, I would prefer if its free of course but if its not, I would give it a try too.

Thanks alot!

You can download free AudioUnit plugin instruments by doing some searches (there's a thread here on free plugins), or buy commercial instruments and sample libraries from companies such as Native Instruments, Arturia, U-he, G-Force, and many many more. http://www.kvraudio.com is a good resource for third-party plugins.

Ok thanks! But what will that plugin do? Will it automaticly put the midi files at the right place in logic? Or is it to put the samples in it?

...but the problem is that logic doesn't have many instruments.

???

There plenty of usable synths and samples in Logic. :wink:

I downloaded many samples but as they are not "midi" I can't play them with my keybord.

You can drag them into the EXS24 editor to use them via MIDI.

Im not sure to understand the meaning of a midi instrument.. Can I pick samples and create a midi instrument with it? If I can do so, how can I do that?

Btw I dont have plenty synths, i got like 30-40 synths, its not that bad, but I really dont have many drums.

And for the EXS24 that where I'm lost. If I drag the .wav files into that, it will create a midi instrument and I will be able to quantisize and to move the notes exacly like I'm doing with the instruments that are already in logic? I tought that midi instruments were "special" files put together to create the midi instrument. Sorry for all that, after hours of tutorials on YT I still dont know what a midi is.

But what will that plugin do?

They are instruments you can play.

Will it automaticly put the midi files at the right place in logic? Or is it to put the samples in it?

You load the plugin, you play it, you change presets. They are self-contained synthesizers or other instruments.

Btw I dont have plenty synths, i got like 30-40 synths, its not that bad, but I really dont have many drums.

If you load one Logic synth, let's say the ES2, and go to the library, you'll see it comes with hundreds of presets.

Each Logic instrument comes with *loads* of presets. There are also channel strip / patch presets, which contain whole channel strip presets (instrument + preset + fx plugins).

And for the EXS24 that where I'm lost. If I drag the .wav files into that, it will create a midi instrument and I will be able to quantisize and to move the notes exacly like I'm doing with the instruments that are already in logic? I tought that midi instruments were "special" files put together to create the midi instrument. Sorry for all that, after hours of tutorials on YT I still dont know what a midi is.

I think you need to spend more time with a good intro tutorial or something. Instrument plugins are instruments - like a piano, or a synth, or an organ instrument. You play them by playing your keyboard.

If you are thinking of "Instument Apple Loops" then these are Apple Loops which contain MIDI data (ie, recordings of someone playing a keyboard) together with a sound setting for one of Logic's instruments - this is what actually plays the notes contained in the midifile.

If you are asking where to get more Instrument Apple Loops, then there are loads (hundreds) contained in Logic and even more in the legacy content (separate download) but other than that, I suggest you start learning to play that using other people's preconstructed MIDI loops, it will serve you better in the long run.

It seems you are falling over with some basic concepts in Logic, maybe get an intro overview MacProVideo tutorial for Logic rather than watching random YouTube videos would give you a more complete conceptual understanding of how Logic works, and the terminology etc...