SAVING Channel Strip Setting VS Patch

Logicno8

I used to save Channel Strip Settings so I can load a chain of FX or Virtual Instrument plus chain of FX with a click of a mouse. I saw Logic X has Save Patch function and from what I understood it differs compared to Save Channel Strip Settings by being able to save sends and AUX channels assigned to those sends as well. Well I just tried, 1 synth, some FX and than 1 send of all of that to a reverb with distortion. I pressed save in the Library, it put it in INSTRUMENTS folder (but didn't display .patch extension though} and now under USER PATCHES in Library I have it. When I load it it loads up everything except the AUX track with reverb and distortion that I am sending my signal to. Does anyone knows why ? I mean this is the same like channel strip setting saving than right ?

If you want to save multiple channels, you must create a track stack with all the channels you want and save that as a patch.

Hm, not sure how to do that. Here, I created a synth and I made a send with FX, called that Aux SEND FX and created it in arrange window but not sure how to make them a Track Stack. When I select both and press CTRL+click it opens Icon menu not that drop menu with options.

807371208_trackstack.thumb.png.840e0b15ff7e213b17a8e8d40af47189.png

Select the tracks, and choose Track -> Create Track Stack from the main menu.

Create a "Summing" stack, not a folder stack.

Oh cool, thanks, that did it. This way makes more sense since this saves the whole setup (track plus all the sends and AUXes), otherwise I could have saved it as a Channel Strip.

Archived