Cannot delete anymore with Marquee selection

stardustmedia

Hi guys

Somehow I cannot anymore delete a marquee selection of an audio region. I guess it has to do with some settings, but I don't find which one it is.

So I have several audio regions, I marquee select them and then click 'Delete'. Until now it deleted the selecte area. Not it doesn't do anything :?:

Cheers

Murat

Nope. And it worked in a later position.

I found out what it was. The anchor point. You cannot cut/edit before that. The anchor point was set after command "Strip Silence". Then I undid the edits manually by lengthening the starts of the regions manually. The anchor point was set by the "Strip Silence". It even was remembered after not saving the project, closing it, and reloading.

I had to set all anchor points to the very beginning of ALL regions manually :(

The tricky point was to find out that these anchor points got replaced after strip silence for all regions. I accidentally saw a small black dot, that I first thought it was a dirt on the screen. I realized that dirt shouldn't move around when zooming ;)

"Hmmm... what's that black dot?" ... "Aaaah... anchor point?"

Yes it was. Moved one anchor point and the marquee edits were again possible. Edit before the anchor points are not possible.

I also still don't really understand what they are for.

They're for lining up your audio to the grid. Sometimes the sync point is not at the beginning of the audio region, but somewhere further into the region. That's when you can place an anchor to the sync point (for example the attack of a drum) so that you can line it up with the grid or the beginning/end of another region on another track.

I also still don't really understand what they are for.

They're for lining up your audio to the grid. Sometimes the sync point is not at the beginning of the audio region, but somewhere further into the region. That's when you can place an anchor to the sync point (for example the attack of a drum) so that you can line it up with the grid or the beginning/end of another region on another track.

Thanks for the explanation David. I think I need to do some practical tests to really understand what it does and how it could help my workflow, if at all.

An easy way to grasp it is by taking a sound fx like a reversed cymbal, where the actual "important" hitpoint is at the peak of the transient which is now almost at the end of the region.

Setting the anchor to that peak will help you align this hit much easier to the grid.

Oh, that's could be of big help. Just had that situation yesterday. Until now I align that end manually by zooming in.

Kewl :!: :!: :!: :!: