Logic 10.1.1 hanging on QUIT

orcasound

have noticed that Logic 10.1.1 just doesn't like to quit. Seems I end up force quitting about 85% of the time.

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this behavior. Mainly on large mix sessions -

Any ideas on finding the culprit via some hidden log or activity monitor? - I can't seem to get Logic to "crash" with a report - that would make it too easy.

I did a 'repair permissions" - but it doesn't seem to help. More than likely an AU/plugin thats behind this. - I am thinking UAD or Slate VMR (with VCC)

Before I go about removing plugs one by one and testing - thought someone may have some input.

kj

Logic 10.1.1 / MacPro 2.4 dual quad 40gig ram OSX 10.9.5 / MOTU PCI424. MOTU2408mkIII (2), MOTU 24io, MOTU 308

Have that issue too, but not 85% of the times. I'd say in 5-10% of the times.

Last time I had this a couple of times in a row, where I used the free PG-8X from KVR's one synth challenge #75. First I thought it was the CPU-meter that I had opened all the time (which I usually don't use,), but maybe it was the PG-8X. Though yesterday when I worked on that session again, Logic quit successfully. The CPU-meter wasn't open.

Maybe it has to do something with the CPU-meter.

Maybe it has to do something with the CPU-meter.

Now since you'v said this, as I recall, it seems that I had similar troubles with this feature ... Weird ...

I too hesitate between Kontack and Cpu meter... Or both .

But how can we find out and report a bug at the appropriate place?

Submit crash reports (with useful contextural descriptions) to Apple.

Crashes that third-parties are responsible for get forwarded to them...

But how can we find out and report a bug at the appropriate place?

Submit crash reports (with useful contextural descriptions) to Apple.

Crashes that third-parties are responsible for get forwarded to them...

Yes, that makes sense. And how can I distinguish what the cause was? Logic or 3rd party?

Archived