One synth challenge with Dexed

stardustmedia

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/stardustmedia/deft-bonz-glorious-swan-massacre-kvr-osc-74-downloadable[/soundcloud]

This was my last month's one synth challenge entry, with the plugin Dexed. It was my very first time I really had to design every sound from scratch. All, really all sounds you hear is made with one synth. Drums, synths, bass, FX, etc.

Since the KVR one synth challenge also restricts to easily available free plugins (so no commercial 3rd party plugins) and also forbids some type of effects, I extra challenged myself by just using Logic stock plugins. So mixdown and mastering are done with Logic plugins only.

I haven't had much time for that, because I started very late to the game in April. I spent about 8 hours for that. So don't cut my head off for the not so perfect mixdown :oops: The next one synth challenge, that is now open for submission (during May) and I'm also participating, will be better mixed :wink:

Have fun listening to the glorious swan massacre. I think it shows well what is possible with just one synth and only stock plugins.

So delightfully bluntly synthetic! Could be the background track for certain parts of a movie showing extended or repeating actions (people walking through a city or manufacturing something... whatever). However, I don't see violent swans...

Pleasant mix, well done.

• 6 months later...