Help Setting up AT4050 in logic

amproducer25

Hello,

My name is Dylan. I am trying to setup this brand new mic I bought and I am having trouble getting the live playback to the quality it should be. I am running OS Mac (27-inch, Late 2013), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. I have a TASCAM US-2x2 that is also new and is what i am running the mic through and into Logic. I have tweaked multiple settings in logic under audio and have changed buffer and sample rates and still am experiencing crackling and muffled vocals. When i switch to hear the mic simply through the input on the Tascam and not running through logic it sounds fine. I also opened up garageband and the same muffled and crackly sound comes out of those audio settings too. i am familiar with the phantom power and i do have it switched on. the tascam also can take an ac adapter but says it does not require one. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, if I need some kind of high speed usb or what. if there is anyone that could give me some useful information that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Dylan

everything came pre loaded with the drivers and it didnt require an install. i am wondering if I am missing audio components in logic, because the playback through the tascam is fine its only when i listen to the computer mix that i am hearing latency and crackling issues.

everything came pre loaded with the drivers and it didnt require an install. i am wondering if I am missing audio components in logic, because the playback through the tascam is fine its only when i listen to the computer mix that i am hearing latency and crackling issues.

Did you even try some of the suggested things ?

the cords are specifically right i have checked every known issue now im starting to wonder if it is my mic or what

If playback through the tascam is fine,its not your mic.

What Logic version ?

What OS version ?

What soundcard Firmware ?

How is your audio setup in Logic ?

just bought a whole new driver with no adapter had great reviews like the other one and to no avail i am having the same issue. everyhing is brand new and im just not sure what the deal is....

Bought a new driver,what do you mean ?

well. I am amateur so you probably wont believe (or maybe you will) what I did.... I guess the cord on my beats headphones was the wrong one and it had a mic on it that was causing interference. However, I still believe there was some power issues and by bought a new driver I mean I picked up a Tascam UH 7000. The Mic is getting plenty of power now and I got a way better system...So if you are having issues make sure Dr. Dre isn't trying to screw you.