Which boxes to tick when saving project to Ext Hard Drive?

Hi

I'm a very new user.

Just getting to grips with Logic Pro X.

I'm saving my current projects to an external hard drive.

I currently have ticked the following boxes when asked to copy which files into my project:

- Audio Files

- EXS instruments and samples

- Ultrabeat Samples

- Include Apple Sound Library Content

Am i doing the right thing? Do I need all of the boxes that I ticked basically?

I ticked all of the boxes (besides the 'Movie File' option) for fear of losing something.

But I don't want to save unnecessary data and use up my Ext Hard Drive space.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! As I said, I'm a new user..

Thanks a lot.

:)

The most crucial option is the Audio Files box, since your audio files are probably unique.

The other option are very dependant on how you use Logic.

If you are using it's core Library and not making any custom sample instruments for that project you can tick EXS off.

Same goes for Ultrabeat and Sound Library.

Now if you are going to use the external disk with multiple Logic installations, you may just as well tick all the options since you can't be sure of what is installed on the other systems.

Thanks a lot for the reply Eric.

I'm using an Apollo Twin interface with it so assuming I'll be using other samples. Would I need to keep EXS on then?

Am I right in thinking that basically if I have used samples from the sound library and/or Ultrabeat I should make sure that box is checked? But if I haven't then leave unchecked? Sorry to be so simplistic in questions. I'm on a bit of a learning curve!

I'll be mainly using the external disk for these home projects so it's unlikely that I'll be using them on other systems but it's not impossible. But what you say at the end is good to know too in which case it might just be worth saving it all each time.

I was just concerned that I was filling up my external disk unnecessarily and would need a new one soon (it's 1TB)

Am I right in thinking that basically if I have used samples from the sound library and/or Ultrabeat I should make sure that box is checked? But if I haven't then leave unchecked?

No.

I would not do that at all unless I know I'm going to share the project or take it with me to another studios.

What I mean is that it is good practice to do so if you start creating custom sampler instruments or Ultrabreat instruments with your own samples.