Any way to route Outputs 1-2 to 3-4 and add plug-ins?

AllTheButtons

I want to use a particular plug-in only on the headphone output of my mix - not the main monitor output.

Ideally I would like to duplicate the audio on Output 1-2, either to another output, or to an Aux routed to 3-4. Then I can put the plug-in on that output/aux. Is there a way of doing this, or a workaround that would achieve the same?

I know one workaround is to route the entire mix to an aux rather than straight to the output, but this presents workflow issues, so I'm just hoping there's another way. :)

The easiest way would be to select all the channel strips that have their outputs set to 1-2 and set their output to an unused bus, say Bus 10. Now create two Auxes, both set to input = Bus 10. The first Aux outputs to Out 1-2, the other to Out 3-4. You can now choose different plug-ins for each Aux or each Output channel strip.

Well you could route the entire mix to a single Aux (as you mentioned in your original post) and send that Aux to two outputs, or use two Aux (as I mentioned in my answer), each set to output to a different output. Those are two slightly different methods, but one way or another, if you want to mirror your mix onto multiple outputs, you'll have to use an Aux or two.