Audio Region Aliases?

amiracam

In the docs I found something that applies to midi regions and folders but neither seems to be exactly what I want.

Say I have a bass repeating pattern in Verse 1 , the bass changes in the chorus, but the same pattern re-occurs in Verse 2.

I need to apply an edit to that pattern and by edit I don't mean any pitch shifting but rather some unwanted e.g. finger nail noise or transition noise, I want that reflected every where.

Currently if I make such edits and loop that audio region those edits get reflected. I want the same behavior where ever I have set the region. Unfortunately they are copies and not references to said region.

What I do now is that make the edit but then replace the regions in question with the fixed region i.e. verse 1 , verse2 , outro .

It would seem to me that one should be able to refer to that region object from anywhere within the project

thanks

by edit I don't mean any pitch shifting but rather some unwanted e.g. finger nail noise or transition noise

How do you edit this.

If you use the Audio File Editor every region referencing to that file will follow the edit.

A word of caution thou, edits in the Audio File Editor are destructive so make sure you have a backup if i doubt.

exactly, I have been staying away from the destructive editor since I don't trust my skills enough. Still, say I have applied a fade to a region , I would think that the fade operation is on that object i.e. that specific region, and thus it would follow were there a way of using an audio region alias

From the description you stated and my understanding, the simplest way would be to make a new track/instrument and drag the MIDI region to where that instrument plays. I might be reading you problem wrong, and sorry if I am.

Still, say I have applied a fade to a region , I would think that the fade operation is on that object i.e. that specific region, and thus it would follow were there a way of using an audio region alias

I understand what you want.

Try this next time:

Select the region you want to apply a fade to.

Press Shift-S to select equal regions.

Apply your fade.

Hope that helps.

Archived