Old audio interface doesn't show up in Preferences

Hi,

So I found an old audio interface...M-Audio Fast Track C400 today and I wanted to use it with Logic X. I also found the proper drivers on the Avid website and installed those as well for my OS X. The problem is the C400 will not show up under my devices in Audio Preferences. Is there anything else I can do to make the C400 work with Logic X?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Fast-Track-C400-Drivers

Thanks.

Yes, it seems like it should work. Have you tried contacting AVID?

Another thing you can try is to create a new account on your Mac and try installing the drivers there and see if the interface is recognized?

Also see if the interface is listed in Audio MIDI Setup?

Thanks!

Haven't contacted AVID yet. Posted here first.

The second option I am not sure how to do.

What's confusing me is this is the first time I have hooked up an audio interface to a Mac Pro. Here is a pic of my Audio MIDI Setup with the audio interface plugged in. Also, what in the world is a digital input/output? This wasn't on my MacBook Pro.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 3.07.11 PM.png[/attachment]

UPDATE: Just contacted AVID support and looks like I have to pay to get help. Pay per incident, I think they call it. Hopefully, I can get the issue resolved here without having to pay AVID.

So they don't have any free tech support at all? Wow. I would return the interface and get something from a manufacturer who offers free tech support.

Your interface should be listed in the Audio Devices window. The fact that it's not listed there means your computer cannot see it connected. That normally means that the driver is either incompatible or not installed correctly. I would try to create another account on your Mac....

Digital i/os are i/os that expect a digital audio signal, as opposed to an analog audio signal.

So they don't have any free tech support at all? Wow. I would return the interface and get something from a manufacturer who offers free tech support.

Your interface should be listed in the Audio Devices window. The fact that it's not listed there means your computer cannot see it connected. That normally means that the driver is either incompatible or not installed correctly. I would try to create another account on your Mac....

Digital i/os are i/os that expect a digital audio signal, as opposed to an analog audio signal.

Thanks, David. I will try to create another account on my Mac ASAP.

Btw, I was cleaning out my closet today and found this audio interface, the one in question, so it must be 3-4 years old...I am not sure. Maybe the audio interface is broken? Is there another way to see if the unit is physically working or not? Besides checking to see if the computer recognizes it, like the above attempts? Everything lights up on the unit and it is connected to the computer via USB. Just wondering.

Thanks again.

Just read the manual and there is no option for factory reset in the Troubleshooting section. Heck, the unit is not even listed under their legacy products. This POS (can I say this on here? :) ) audio interface is going in the garbage.

Thanks for all of your help. It was worth a shot. I'll pick up a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, or something similar.

Archived