Regions have gone missing from tracks but audio still plays

revolucian

Well it's my first day with Logic Pro X so bear with me. Again, this is a project file that was converted from Logic 9.

I have 4 regions that have now disappeared from 4 consecutive tracks, HOWEVER the audio that was there is still playing back. If I solo the tracks, it's as if the regions are there even though I don't see them.

I'm sure this must be a bug... but does anyone know how to get them back?

First of all, have you tried undo?

Secondly, what kind of tracks are they? Audio, Software Instrument, Ultrabeat?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic Pro X 10.1.1)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X Yosemite 10.10.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2.2 GHz Intel i7)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. RME Babyface)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

I did too much work before I noticed they were missing.... no undo. They were audio tracks. I just recorded in the place on the track where it was playing the audio (even though the regions weren't there) and it replaced the audio with new audio that IS there. Seems like a bad bug.

They were new tracks created in Logic Pro X. Don't even have Melodyne installed on this computer yet, though you're right, it was behaving as if a Melodyne plugin was on the track and the regions had been deleted after being input into the plugin. Of course, in this case there were no plugins on the track at all yet. Dare I say... Mercury is in retrograde....

• 5 months later...

Hey,

I recently had a very strange situation where all my midi and audio tracks except one vanished but I could still hear them. I tried for a long time to solve the issue with no luck until I simply clicked "Select All" then "Paste" and everything re-appeared! I them clicked "undo" and the project was back to normal. Sometimes when I open this particular session the problem re-appears but this solution works every time. Its a very strange occurrence and I still have no idea why it happened but I hope this method works for you. Good luck.

• 1 year later...
Hey,

I recently had a very strange situation where all my midi and audio tracks except one vanished but I could still hear them.  I tried for a long time to solve the issue with no luck until I simply clicked "Select All" then "Paste" and everything re-appeared!  I them clicked "undo" and the project was back to normal.  Sometimes when I open this particular session the problem re-appears but this solution works every time.  Its a very strange occurrence and I still have no idea why it happened but I hope this method works for you.  Good luck.

I have just experienced this issue.  No idea how I got into this state but my tracks were completely invisible, but the project still played back just fine.  It only happened with this one project.  Up/down-arrow in Logic would give the message "You have already selected the first/last track" (i.e. there's no tracks in the list at all).  I also noticed that in the mixer view, my tracks had gone, but would reappear if I changed the view type to "All".  I did the above fix and it worked, but there was an extra step I had to do - I had to Save As Copy (I did this for safety reasons anyway), then Cmd-A, Cmd-V.  In my case I got my tracks back then immediately on top of that the "pasting to multiple tracks" dialog box popped up, so I just hit Cancel and I'm all good.  Very weird.

• 4 years later...
Hey,

I recently had a very strange situation where all my midi and audio tracks except one vanished but I could still hear them. I tried for a long time to solve the issue with no luck until I simply clicked "Select All" then "Paste" and everything re-appeared! I them clicked "undo" and the project was back to normal. Sometimes when I open this particular session the problem re-appears but this solution works every time. Its a very strange occurrence and I still have no idea why it happened but I hope this method works for you. Good luck.

I just had this same issue. I did this and the same thing happened. Then when I clicked on individual tracks (in this case midi), all the midi disappeared but I could still hear it when I pressed play. On a hunch, I deleted the midi track, and – bingo – it turned out there was an empty midi track sitting directly ON TOP of the region containing midi. I was seeing the empty midi track, but still hearing the midi track lying underneath.

Then when I clicked on individual tracks (in this case midi), all the midi disappeared but I could still hear it when I pressed play. On a hunch, I deleted the midi track, and – bingo – it turned out there was an empty midi track sitting directly ON TOP of the region containing midi. I was seeing the empty midi track, but still hearing the midi track lying underneath.

When this kind of things happens, I select the track and choose Track > Other > New Track for Overlapped Regions. That way I can see all the regions on the track, including the ones that were hidden behind other regions.