Disable Feedback Protection?

fohman

Logic Pro X peeps, help! I've got a few things I'd like to figure out, and they all seem to be related to one another...

1. Can I disable the automatic feedback protection which makes the level dip -24dB when using the built-in mac mic and built-in output?

2. When I first record-enable a track or insert a plugin like signal generator, there is no output until I do a quick play/stop in the project. Sometimes, this process is necessary after switching application windows. Sometimes, after switching windows or waking from sleep, it is necessary to reboot Logic to get sound out of the plugin at all.

3. Combining complaints 1 and 2, sometimes when I try to create a feedback loop in Logic, especially on a record-enabled track (using bus sends or SoundFlower I/O loops) it mutes the track audio. Once in a blue moon it has magically worked, but is blown out at the first change to any other setting.

Hardly any of this was a problem in Logic 9 and before. Logic X seems to treat me like I'm some kid trying to do a home studio thing, not a real working professional who might need to have complicated feedback loops and continuous audio streams... although I am running it on my new Macbook Pro Retina whereas Logic 9 was on my 2007 Macbook Pro... is this more of a newer Mac thing than a newer Logic thing?

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, inconnia said:

Did you ever find an answer to this? Struggling with the -24db auto feedback protection thing - can't get it to stop! tytytyty 

I believe that happens only in certain conditions? Like using built-in microphone and built-in speakers at the same time? Also what version of Logic Pro are you using?