Recommendations for secondhand PCIe audio interfaces?

Hi,

I would like to take advantage of the PCIe slots I have in my Mac Pro. Is speed, in the manner of transfer of data, the only advantage of using a PCIe audio interface? Also, I would be buying secondhand (e.g. Craigslist) and my budget would be around 200-300 US dollars. I am very fond of RME products, having owned a Babyface myself awhile ago. I assume RME is out of my budget range buying used. Anything else comparable?

Thanks.

PCI interfaces are meant for high channel counts.

You won't find RME interfaces for 300 bucks that will suit you. The one you found doesn't even have a mic input or guitar input.

The baby face will suit you better:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/msd/5011735317.html

Great find, Triplets...and excellently priced...assuming it is fully functional. Unfortunately, I don't have the cash to pay for it at the moment. Maybe in a couple of weeks...if it is still available.

Thanks.

What about monthly installments from zzounds or americanmusical or sweet water on brand new interfaces?

I would if I could, believe me. But, store cards are dangerous. :twisted:

Sure, they give you no interest for 12 months, but, then when you pass that mark they end up charging you 18.95% interest. Been there, done that. I pay for everything with cash now. :)

Or, are you talking about the paying option where they divide the payment up into 3 months, or so?

Archived