channel strip won't show Inserts, sends, I/O, etc

cb50dc

A lesson file from Dvorin's book comes with a few channel strips showing no Inserts, sends, I/O, etc. Double clicking on the EQ slot doesn't bring up the EQ. And, of course, this particular lesson requires working with the EQ, in the Audio27 track, shown below.

I've poked around in every local menu in both the Mixer and Arrange windows, especially the View menu in Arrange. In so doing, I've learned more about showing/hiding other items there, but nothing I've done affects this.

Help? Thanks, gracias, danke, merci, etc.

viewlocal.jpg.6c919d0f77fce065863577a63036f842.jpg

the local View menu in Arrange

voxlead1.jpg.e16e683c4f3d91a93a4fc39aa2832ca6.jpg

Audio27 (Vox_lead) in the Mixer

Two things could be going on here....in your top picture there is a box that says "Audio 27" with a triangle next to it. Click on that triangle and there should be some check boxes that say things like "inserts," "EQ," and the like. Make sure all those are checked.

If that doesn't work, you may need assign that track to an object in the Environment.

Hope that helps.

X

You need to increase the number of audio tracks available:

Go to Audio: Audio Hardware and Drivers

Increase the Max. Number of Audio Tracks to 48 or more

Uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox for Core audio

Re-check "Enabled" and slect "Try Re-launch"

HTH

J

....in your top picture there is a box that says "Audio 27" with a triangle next to it. Click on that triangle and there should be some check boxes that say things like "inserts," "EQ," and the like. Make sure all those are checked.

That is all you need to do. Open the Object Parameters box & check those boxes.

:D

Got it, CCT (and everyone). MANY THANKS!

Now, let's see if some of this is actually starting to sink in. If I leave a higher max number of tracks available, I don't have to worry about this. But does that higher max require Logic to keep more CPU power available, effectively hindering performance (even if only by a small amount)?

Thanks again, gang. Much appreciated.

cb

That is all you need to do. Open the Object Parameters box & check those boxes.

:D

No, you would at least see the fader section... actually CTCMusic is correct, you just need to raise the max number of tracks in Audio > Audio Hardware and Drivers.

And then re-launch the driver or they will not yet be available.

There is. I believe that you will be prompted when you change the core audio drivers prefs. I *believe* a window will pop up with two options, and I *believe* that you need to select the one that has the word "try" in it. That should relaunch Core Audio without you having to restart Logic.

X

There is. I believe that you will be prompted when you change the core audio drivers prefs. I *believe* a window will pop up with two options, and I *believe* that you need to select the one that has the word "try" in it. That should relaunch Core Audio without you having to restart Logic.

X

You can also find it in the Audio Hardware and Drivers panel under the global menu Audio.

The quickest thing to do would be to 1st SAVE your file.

Open the Audio hardware and Drivers window. Raise the amount of Audio inputs to what you would like.

Next, change the I/O Buffer size and a pop up will ask for either OKAY or RELAUNCH,

Choose OKAY and set your Buffer back to where you had it (keep your new audio track settings) this time select ReLaunch and you're done.

Yeah, toggling the "enable" button saves me many a time.

As for the blank channel, glad you got it figured out. I actually had something similar happen to me the other day, but all that was disappearing were the level meters and it would only happen when I selected a track. Something was wonky because a Logic restart took care of it.

Rather than change a setting you don't want to change, uncheck the "Enabled" box, click OK, then re-enable it. Same thing... but that way you don't have to change any setting. When you re-enable it, click "Try (Re)Launch".

Thanks David,

I love it!

I nominate this and other ideas be put in a 'Quick-tip' section (50 words or less).

This is what makes Logic more of a joy to work with.

:)