Logic Cutting Out Beginning of Vocal Phrases [SOLVED]

palestar27

I am having a really strange problem in Logic Pro X (10.1.1 on Yosemite 10.10.3). I have a project with about 30 tracks, including drums, bass, guitar, vocals, etc. I am having trouble with my main vocal track, Logic seems to randomly cut off the first word during playback and export. It doesn't do it every time, but enough where it's starting to drive me crazy.

If I bring the Vocal track into the editor window and play it on its own, it plays back fine. When played back with the rest of the tracks, it does not. I've tried turning off all the plugins, thinking that might cause some kind of delay, but it doesn't change anything. There is no automation or anything either on the track.

I have a few different pieces to the vocal track, and it does it each time a new section begins.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm totally stuck here and running out of ideas!

Do any of the mixer controls change when the vocal cuts out? Does the meter show signal when it cuts out, or not?

Is there any (track based) automation active on the track? Is the track set to Read? If so, set it to Off and see if the issue clears.

If that's not it, could you make a second version of your project, with almost everything stripped/deleted, so only the vocals remain? You could then upload a zipped version somewhere (dropbox) with at least one vocal region showing this issue. Make sure the upload version only has the one audiofile it needs (clear out the audio bin).