Beat Mapping changes speed of audio region, not metronome!!!

bluesnfire401

Hi Everyone,

I just today learned about beat mapping in Logic. I used it on one song that i'd recorded previously without a click track and it worked like a charm. I'm trying to use it on a different song now (same situation: previously recorded with no click) but for some reason with this song, it's changing the speed/length of my audio region to match the metronome instead of changing the speed of the metronome to match the speed of the audio. What's going on?!

Thanks a bunch.

David

Well after many hours of searching through Logic Forums and flipping through the Logic Reference Manual, all to no avail, I've finally figured out what the problem was. I needed to uncheck the "Follow Te(mpo)" option in the Region Parameter Box for the region I was trying to beat map. The beat mapping process wasn't actually changing the length/speed of my audio region like I said it was in my initial post; it was simply playing over it slower or faster in order to preserve the audio-to-tempo ratio as I made the tempo slower or faster. All I needed to do was uncheck that little box and now beat mapping works exactly as described in the Reference Manual. WHY ON EARTH is the "Follow Te(mpo)" box not mentioned when discussing beat mapping?! More importantly, why is it not mentioned ANYWHERE in the entire Reference Manual?!?!? NOT ONCE!!! unbelievably frustrating.

WHY ON EARTH is the "Follow Te(mpo)" box not mentioned when discussing beat mapping?! More importantly, why is it not mentioned ANYWHERE in the entire Reference Manual?!?!? NOT ONCE!!! unbelievably frustrating.

Because this would take all the mystery and adventure out of it. Remember, what doesn't kill ya, only makes ya stronger.

So you have the option of using beat mapping like ableton's warp markers? I never knew this, my beat mapping has always created multiple tempo changes.

I cannot seem to find where this check box is, could you explain to me please?

I believe this region parameter box only shows up for regions that are either Apple Loops, or that have been recorded directly with Logic. If you drag a file in from somewhere else, that item disappears. That's interesting though . . . if you bounce the track and add it back to the Arrange, it will have the Follow Tempo parameter.