Record real time puck moves from drummer XY pad?

shotgal

I don't know what the complex/loud/simple/soft button is called but I'll use "joystick".

I'm just wondering if moves of that joystick can be recorded in real time to a drummer track so one can create a real time player kind of feel instead of piecing together dozens of different preset parts? This would be useful for gradually increasing decreasing the style and dynamics of a part.

Hi,

Someone posted about this recently:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=116672

I don't know what the complex/loud/simple/soft button is called but I'll use "joystick".

The official name is "puck".

I think it would be a nice addition. Send feedback to Apple?

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

I'm also moving this to our feature requests forum.

J.

Thanks - so no, it can't be done. Oh well.

Velocity maps (even per drum) wouldn't be so difficult as one can export to MIDI and go that route, however varying fills, swing and other elements (where and what notes fall) was what I thought could be really powerful. If those parameters were accessible via continuous controller - even better!

Thanks - so no, it can't be done. Oh well.

Velocity maps (even per drum) wouldn't be so difficult as one can export to MIDI and go that route, however varying fills, swing and other elements (where and what notes fall) was what I thought could be really powerful. If those parameters were accessible via continuous controller - even better!

With current hardware power, it seems that it would involve computing delays that would be hindering musical flow... Drummer is apparently not an instant improvisor yet...

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks - so no, it can't be done. Oh well. Velocity maps (even per drum) wouldn't be so difficult as one can export to MIDI and go that route, however varying fills, swing and other elements (where and what notes fall) was what I thought could be really powerful. If those parameters were accessible via continuous controller - even better!

Strike might be what you're looking for: Strike

You can control the intensity and complexity of a given pattern using CCs. It's the closest thing to what you're trying to achieve. You can even import your own samples into Strike which is really cool. It's a pretty powerful plugin, I must say.