Just bought this. Need some tips on how to store.

Jameskansas

Got a mac with plenty of the recs for logic and music making plus a 7200 rpm G-Drive, scarlett 2i2, and some yamaha monitors, mpk 88. I understand a bit about the editing and production powers of DAWs from reading, but I'm lost on the more technical end of things.

My question is about where and how to store logic, my plugins, my sound libraries etc. External or not, and which one is which? Like how do I optimize Komplete Ultimate and Logic for my set up?

Personally I would keep all of the Logic installed items (Sampler Instruments audio etc) on your internal, as my experience with Logic has been that if you move them it isn't quite sure whether you actually have them or not and wants to redownload.

Any 3rd part VIs I would store on an external drive, and this can easily be done either during the installation process of Native Instrument (or whoever)'s instrument install. If you ever move them, then Kontakt's library window will show a 'missing' icon, but you can simply relink.

You tell Kontakt where the files for the instrument are, ie 'link' them. When you move the files, Kontakt no longer knows where they are, so the link is broken. You will need to re-link them. :)

Archived