Question about sends/receives (Logic newbie)

HeliosArm

Hi there,

I recently purchased Logic Pro X coming from Reaper. I'm not used to handling sends/receives and am unsure how to go about doing what I want to do.

Firstly, I want to create a template with multiple tracks with separate reverb modules on each different track, so for example, I want a track with reverb for violins, another track with reverb for trumpets, and so forth. I'm unsure what kind of track to use for this (audio track/software instrument track?).

Once each track has it's specific reverb module loaded in on it I want to be able to connect an instrument track, e.g. violins, to the track with the violins reverb so that the violins use that reverb. How exactly would I do this? I know it's using sends etc but I just don't know how to do so. Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

for example, I want a track with reverb for violins, another track with reverb for trumpets, and so forth. I'm unsure what kind of track to use for this (audio track/software instrument track?

An Auxiliary channel strip.

Once each track has it's specific reverb module loaded in on it I want to be able to connect an instrument track, e.g. violins, to the track with the violins reverb so that the violins use that reverb. How exactly would I do this?

This is easy to set up in Logic. From your violins track, send to a bus (click a send slot and choose Bus 1, for example). An auxiliary channel strip will be automatically created in the mixer with the bus you chose set to the input of this aux channel strip. You can load one of your reverbs in this aux. If you want other tracks to use this reverb, you just send to the same bus.

Send to a new bus from your other tracks to create a new auxiliary where you would load a different reverb plug-in or setting.

2116801417_ScreenShot2015-06-03at23_28_47.png.f425c27feea30bdbd38dee1c58e6b8c9.png

J.