Mixer channel strips disappeared

rtcstudio

I know it's something I did. Just wondering what it was.

I'm working on a big film cue, and in the Arrange window, I've been adding several software instrument tracks to those already existing in my template, when I need another Kontakt for loops etc. After working for a while, I notice that several of my Arrange window tracks that used to be VI's have changed to "No Output". AND the Mixer Channel Strip that used to be assigned to those Arrange window tracks are now missing. The regions in these No Output tracks are still there, and named for what they are, so I'm just going to import those tracks from a previous version of the cue.

But what happened? Surely there's no limit, except for RAM and CPU power to how many VI tracks I can add this way? And surely when I add a Software Instrument track to the Arrange Window, it doesn't nuke a mixer channel. I just can't figure out what I did, and would love to know, so I don't do it again.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
... Surely there's no limit, except for RAM and CPU power to how many VI tracks I can add this way?

Logic Pro X specs :

• Mixer
    Up to 255 audio channel strips
    Up to 255 software instrument channel strips
    Up to 255 auxiliary channel strips
    Up to 64 busses
    Up to 99 external MIDI tracks
    15 inserts for internal or Audio Units effect plug-ins
    8 inserts for internal or Audio Units MIDI plug-ins
    8 sends per channel strip, pre- or post-fader, or post-pan
    32 groups for audio, software instrument, or MIDI channel strips

And surely when I add a Software Instrument track to the Arrange Window, it doesn't nuke a mixer channel. I just can't figure out what I did, and would love to know, so I don't do it again.
Have you reached that limit?

One would however expect to get an alert of the attainment of the limit...