Drums Plugin Question [SOLVED]

reddvette

How come when I want to use my software drums (Addictive Drums and Steven Slate) I have to select a "Drummer" track but it will not let me use "Software Instrument" I selected "Drummer" and then changed the plugin to my Addictive Drums but the process of using them after that is not very intuitive. If I change the artist at the bottom of the screen it wipes out my Addictive Drums and reverts back to the default Apple Drum Kit. I have to admit it has been many months since I have sat down with my LPX and it feels like i have forgotten a great deal but why can't they just let you use your software drums in "Software Instrument" like it used to be in LP9?

@David-----When I select "Software Instrument" for a new track and try to change the plugin to my software based drums Addictive Drums/Steven Slate simply does not appear in the drop down menus but it DOES appear in the drop down menus when I make a new track using the "Drummer" selection. My machine has been re-booted several times so that's not the problem.

@David-----When I select "Software Instrument" for a new track and try to change the plugin to my software based drums Addictive Drums/Steven Slate simply does not appear in the drop down menus but it DOES appear in the drop down menus when I make a new track using the "Drummer" selection. My machine has been re-booted several times so that's not the problem.

Drummer tracks use software instrument channel strips, the same you get when you create a new software instrument channel strip. So the plug-ins available should be the same. I wonder if maybe you aren't looking in the right place? On the software instrument, are you sure you're clicking the Instrument slot? Can you post screenshots of the menus you get on a software instrument channel vs a drummer track?