Copying controller mapping between patches

ochikubo

I have multiple patches in my set that use different mappings of external controllers (MIDI Fighter Twister or keyboard foot controller) to control specific parameters in the patch. A good example, is having some physical knob on the Fighter Twister controlling a pedalboard pedal parameter (like the distortion pedal knobs).

I would like to copy that pedalboard to another patch, including the external controller mappings. I can currently setup a present and just take the pedalboard and put it on another patch, but I then need to go through one knob at a time and recreate the mappings (including the behavior when the patch changes, stored value, etc.). A very tedious process.

The mappings are not universal to the entire concert, so I don't want to set it up at that level, it would just be for a particular set of patches.

Hi

I would like to copy that pedalboard to another patch, including the external controller mappings. I can currently setup a present and just take the pedalboard and put it on another patch, but I then need to go through one knob at a time and recreate the mappings (including the behavior when the patch changes, stored value, etc.). A very tedious process.

An alternative approach would be to make a copy of the entire Patch ( with all the desired mappings) then replace everything you "don't need" in the new patch.

CCT

Hi

An alternative approach would be to make a copy of the entire Patch ( with all the desired mappings) then replace everything you "don't need" in the new patch.

CCT

That is a good approach, but you still end up where you can mix and match tracks. The channel strips work great for saving the sounds and then combining them in different combinations. But just haven't found a way other than manually to copy over the controller mappings.

Archived