LPX Software Instruments [SOLVED]

Cullin Kin

Heylo!

New to the forum, and glad to be here amongst some talented people. I recently upgraded to LPX from LP9 and I'm beginning to get thoroughly disappointed.

In LP9, the software instruments were plentiful, they were fantastic and went on for days. I believe I had something like 22 piano sounds alone, thousands of drum kits, not to mention all of the guitars, synths, and everything else. I was in love, and only used software instruments to build my songs through the piano roll.

Well, in LPX, I have downloaded all of the additional content and it seems like there are far less software instruments than LP9. Not only are there far fewer, I cannot stand most of them as they just don't fit with my music. The only sound I've enjoyed is the 'Grand Piano and Pad.' It's magnificent, but that's about it. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doing something wrong, if I somehow don't have access to all of them or something. I have plenty of synthesizers, but the things that really matter to me (drums, guitar, piano, bass) are all very lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of the new features of LPX, the design, layout, and functionality are all breathtaking, but I rely heavily on the software instruments for any song that I create. So, I guess I have a few questions:

1) Are there far fewer software instruments on LPX vs LP9?

2) Is there any place that I can download more software instruments for LPX besides the 'Additional Content' section?

3) Is there any way to import the software instruments from LP9 to LPX?

4) Is there any place I should be looking on my MBP for some hidden software instruments?

Any help would be massively appreciated. I really hope I didn't just spend $200.00 on software that I will never use. :/

Hope all of you are having a good night.

Thank you,

Cullin Kin

Unless you deleted something, all of your old LP9 content will work in LPX, alongside the new content that ships with LPX - so you'll have more stuff than before, not less

If you are installing LPX from new and don't have LP9 instaled, then make sure you are ticking the "Legacy Content" in the download additional content box to re-download the LP9 instrument content.

Maybe I just don't know how to access them, I haven't deleted LP9 yet. So, when I create a new track and click 'Software Instrument' I'm using the library that appears to the left. Are there more than just those?

Archived