Logic Pro 7.2.3 Auxes don't work with multi instrument (BFD)

Sharkpuss

Hi,

I'm running Logic 7.2.3 with a drum multi instrument - FXpansions BFD (B8 latest version).

I've set up several auxes to receive the multi outputs from BFD All (overhead on 1-2, Room on 3-4, PZMs on 5-6, Snare top on 7, snare bottom on 8 etc).

The Overhead output plays on 1-2 but the auxes are silent. No level on the meters, nada.

I'm confused as the auxes are set to receive the multi output from BFD and to play out on stereo (1-2). I've also re-scanned the AUs, re-set up the auxes to no avail.

Even installing the BFD demo tracks for Logic Pro gives no positive result.

BFD can be tricky but I'm beginning to think this might be a Logic issue.

Is there a problem with auxes and multi instruments in Logic Pro?

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi,

I'm running Logic 7.2.3 with a drum multi instrument - FXpansions BFD (B8 latest version).

I've set up several auxes to receive the multi outputs from BFD All (overhead on 1-2, Room on 3-4, PZMs on 5-6, Snare top on 7, snare bottom on 8 etc).

The Overhead output plays on 1-2 but the auxes are silent. No level on the meters, nada.

I'm confused as the auxes are set to receive the multi output from BFD and to play out on stereo (1-2). I've also re-scanned the AUs, re-set up the auxes to no avail.

Even installing the BFD demo tracks for Logic Pro gives no positive result.

BFD can be tricky but I'm beginning to think this might be a Logic issue.

Is there a problem with auxes and multi instruments in Logic Pro?

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Nick

It is absolutely not a Logic issue. I use many multi-channel instruments successfully and for that matter I know a lot of people who use BFD that way.

Does Auxes work for you with Ultrabeat or EXS24?

I just set mine up and it works fine. The Overheads are on outs one and two but the others are on different outputs. Rooms are on 3/4 PZM's on 5/6 etc. When you select your input it should be ALL (Multi Channel) on your instrument track, then on each aux channel input should be (example) INSTRUMENT 1> BFD ALL> 3/4.

This is where the outputs from BFD are inputting to in Logic.

Your aux output still outputs to your monitors like any other track you want to hear.

If you've done all that then you might try restarting your computer. That worked for me.

It's just my two cents, but why don't you use BFD Ultra instead and route the overheads to the general-purpose bus 7-8? This totally removes the whole 1-2 issue for me. Nothing wrong with using BFD All, I just like having all my stuff going through auxes... and leaving the audio instrument object alone.