intel based sequences don't open in power pc macs??!!!

phquist

I'm running 2 systems between which I am trying to swap sequences.

One is a power PC g4 running 7.1, the other a Mac Pro intel running logic 7.2.

Much to my surprise, the ntel sequences won't open on the G4.

Anyone have a work around other than stems with 2 pops and a general midi

sequence? :(

From "Late Breaking News About Logic Pro 7.2.1"

( manuals.info.apple.com/en/Logic_Pro_7.2_lbn_z.pdf ) or, within Logic, Help > Late-Breaking News

Logic and Intel or PowerPC Macintosh Systems

Logic Pro 7.2 is designed to run natively on both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh systems. This impacts in the following ways:

• For technical reasons, all song conversions between Logic PPC and Logic Intel will remove the Undo history.
  • Songs saved in Logic 7.2 PPC can be opened with any Logic release between 7.0 and 7.1.1, ensuring that PPC Logic 7.2 songs remain compatible with earlier Logic Pro 7 versions and vice versa.
  • Songs saved in Logic 7.2 PPC can be opened with Logic 7.2 Intel (and Logic 7.2 PPC).
  • Songs saved in Logic 7.2 Intel can be opened with Logic 7.2 PPC (and Logic 7.2 Intel).
  • Songs saved in Logic 7.2 Intel can notbe opened with earlier versions of Logic (Logic 7.1.x or earlier). This means that Logic 7.2 Intel songs are only upwards compatible (Logic 7.2 Intel can open older songs but not vice versa).

Note: Should you wish to make Logic 7.2 Intel songs compatible with Logic 7.1.x, simply open the song in Logic 7.2 PPC and save it.