Recording audio is overlapping, not joining, take folder

mrc18

Hi. I've been a Logic Pro X user for a few years and have been using comping/take folders the whole time. In the past month or two, I must have hit some button or done something because I'm getting weird behaviour with recording over take folders.

In screenshot 1, you can see I have the cycle set for 41-47 and want to record a few takes. I would expect those takes to join the preceeding take folder.

1250847462_screenshot1.thumb.png.93870a3b2195e77714f1dc067787fad4.png

Screenshot 1

In screenshot 2, you can see rather than joining the previous comp, it overlaps it.

1245085113_screenshot2.thumb.png.33eda599617219f50e525cab21816470.png

I sincerely have no idea why it's doing this.... as you can see, the "replace" feature is not on. Any help would be appreciated.

No luck with that. I'm at a loss. Even when I start new projects I'll notice the issue. Sometimes the recording will join the previous comp, other times it'll overwrite it. I took a screencast to show I'm not insane: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hp05l7olw77xv5k/logicprox.mp4?dl=0 Notice how the first cycle joins the comp folder, and then moving the cycle, it overwrites it ...

TLDR: in recording settings, change "count in" to "pre-roll" to 0 and just make sure you're recording two bars before the end of the take folder. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201802

\\

"Let's say that you have a region on a track that spans bars one to five, and you make a new recording that starts a bit before bar five and continues past the end of the existing recording. Logic will either create a new independent region or a take folder that encompasses both the new and existing recordings. There are two factors that determine which will happen:

The count-in or pre-roll setting in Logic's Recording Options

The amount of overlap between the new and existing recordings

Logic compares these two intervals. If the overlap between the existing region and the new recording is equal to or less than the count-in or pre-roll, a new independent region is created."

• 7 years later...