Adding wav files to apple loop library.

JCcares

I think you cannot add normal wav files to the Apple loop library, only Apple loops (it's a specific file format). At least I never tried it.

But you can try it yourself:

Add the wav files into the Apple loops folder. Open the library in Logic. Click on the dropdown menu at the top (where it reads 'Loops'). In the menu at the bottom you'll find some commands. There is a command "Reindex All Loops". Hit that.

I think you cannot add normal wav files to the Apple loop library, only Apple loops (it's a specific file format). At least I never tried it.

But you can try it yourself:

Add the wav files into the Apple loops folder. Open the library in Logic. Click on the dropdown menu at the top (where it reads 'Loops'). In the menu at the bottom you'll find some commands. There is a command "Reindex All Loops". Hit that.

Thanks ,will give it a try.Hope it works.I know there is a way to convert to apple loops from regions,but that would be a very tedious process ,given the number of loops I have as wav.

Even if the wav files are shown, they won't be converted automatically to apple loops. So this step you will need to do yourself. Some pro batch converters can help you there. But still you would need to know BPM and key of each wav-file ;)

I think you should consider of only converting those wav-files you need just in that moment. With the next session, project, etc. convert other wav-files... = convert only when and if you need it.

You have to use the apple loops utility from the developer website of apple. With this you can save the .wav to .caf and tag it with key, bpm, genre .........

In the forum there is somewhere the link to this. I am looking for it too and as soon i got it I will post the link

Or someone of the DEFS can do it.

They know

If those wav are already automatically matching the tempo of the song, then you can continue using them as such. To index them in your loop browser, drag the folder that contains all your loops from the Finder to the Loop Browser.

If those wav don't already automatically match tempo then you'll need to batch convert them to Apple Loops. Here's a 3rd party utility for that: http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/loopeditor/

Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to give me all the details.I figured out the download & downloaded the Apple Loops utility & loaded my wave files into it.I just need to figure out how to convert them & then add them to the Logic Apple loops library.Is there a manual for this?

• 2 years later...

Hey -

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in the various questions about it here, so I'm posting in case it's helpful.

Context: Yesterday I used an OWC Data Doubler to convert my 2012 (9,1) laptop's CD/DVD to a 1TB HDD. I cloned my portable 1TB samples drive to that. Logic's Loops library couldn't see the various samples in their new location, so I figured I'd start fresh. I reindexed, which cleared them all out.

I started adding them back to the Loops browser from the new 2nd internal drive yesterday and was stumped because some files, I could bring in by the folder-full but others I had to drag in individually to get them to show up. I knew that the latter would get copied, which I didn't want, so I set about figuring out why this was happening.

Unique folder names! I'm pretty sure this is the ticket. I'd examined sample rate and bit depth, stereo vs. mono, etc. – but it seems to be about unique folder name. E.g. the ESW Jack U style drums I bought has subfolders Snares, Claps, Kicks, etc. I dragged Snares/ over and it didn't get added. I checked the User Loops folder and there was already a "Snares" alias there – so I changed the ESW JU folder name to JU Snares and that worked.

BTW, these are WAVs and they import and audition in Loops just fine. I prefer having all of my samples and loops in Loops for one-stop search and audition purposes – this works well for me. Another thing I've been doing lately is creating EXS24 instruments based on these collections, which are often genre/style-focused – e.g. a Jack U Snares instrument with all of those snares in it, another with all the kicks, etc.

Again, hope this is helpful.

CK

PS - I've got to change my system info in my signature now - happy new year to me. :-)