Export all regions as audio files?

MikeShapiro

Let's say your Arrange window has nothing but audio regions. Is it possible to bulk-export all regions (or all selected regions) into individual audio files?

I know you can select each region in turn and select File->Export->Export Region as Audio File, but I was hoping there was a way to do them all at once.

Thanks in advance!

• 7 years later...

Hi all. I am trying to do the same thing - edit and then export multiple drum hits from a recording session. I have created lots of regions on the arrange page (see attached grab) and then want to export the lot with the fades included. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this. 'Convert regions' doesn't include the fade, neither does exporting from the Bin - the only way seems to be to right-click on each one in turn and select 'Export as audio file' which is pretty time consuming and dull. What we could do with is a 'bounce/export all regions as audio files' . I can't be the only one who harvests drums hits from a recording session on a regular basis!

1493434677_Screenshot2015-06-07at22_04.20(2).thumb.png.6219579481ae044c52ccaf7f2d5f8a93.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joel,

One work around would be to

o 'Bounce in place' each full track, one at a time - this makes one new audio file where the fade-outs are taken into account

o Split this new BIP region into the parts you want to use

o Select the regions you want the files of

o Go to Browsers>Project (on the right hand of the Tracks window), and you should see the regions of the new BIP file highlighted.

> Right (/control) click the highlighted regions and select "Save Region(s) As..." and the rest should be good.

This leaves you with new files made of those highlighted sub-regions of the BIP, which will have the fade-outs applied as required.

I've made a quick video here to show what I'm talking about - https://youtu.be/CGUi8ZSASxM (I also delete the new BIP region at the end, though that's not necessary!).

Let me know if that's of any use at all,

Rich

These all look good, but in the case of having already done the editing work, it would be soul destroying to then BIP and then have to cut them up again! Still looking for that illusive "export all as audio files" function. Doesn't everyone who records drummers have to do this at some point if they want hits for each session?

Easy as pie. Just select all audio regions, then right-click > convert > convert to new audio file. Choose folder to your taste.

Lotsa single audio files. But it doesn't take over fades ;)

A little drag down: It will replace the regions with the new audio files. The new audio files will be added to the bin. But if you don't save the session, you just can restore it easily.

PS: If the regions are labeled the same, Logic numbers them automatically.

It could also ask whether to include plugins, fader volume etc and give the usual assortment of file format options. It seems to me to be a macro that's almost there already, but frustratingly not quite. I normally have to manually 'Export as new audio file' a hundred or so audio files Street a drum tracking session. Not the end of the world, but boring as hell.

There's a solution to the "soul destroying to then BIP and then have to cut them up again" problem that I've just realised - if you BIP each track, then do a strip silence (ctrl + x) on each of them then, as long as you've set the settings right there, that should cut up *most* of the hits for you - you might have to do a few individual snips on some of the faster hits, but that should do a lot of the work for you.

Of course it'd be much easier if the aforementioned 'convert to new audio file with fades etc.' option was there, so good plan to request the feature!

Ah fair enough - strip silence does still allow you to choose the pre-attack time (i.e. it'd cut the region before the transient), though I can appreciate that may not be completely consistent, so you'd still need to go over the regions again to check everything was as you'd like it.

Batch processing in something like Sample Manager may be a good shout for you if you're only looking to add the fades to the ends of the files, though I don't know too much about that!

• 3 years later...