Use your apple remote to control Logic

yofi

I just got an iphone and i want to use the apple remote application to start and stop my logic 8 sessions. I have got confused with Griffins and Mira. I have searched the itunes store for these apps but i can't find anything. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

How so i use my iphone as a remote for logic? I can use it to control my itunes library but not logic. What do i need to do?

Regards...

Search Griffin site for PROXI (note note Proxy)

Oh heck I did it for ya, it's here...

http://www.griffintechnology.com/software

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I used to use the remote all the time with Logic, standing at the mic and being able to turn on record was a godsend.....UNTIL Snow Leopard came along, now when I press play or record for logic, not only does logic start playing but iTunes starts up too. Really annoying. There are loads of people complaining on lots of forums (including APple's own support forum) about this 'feature' so hopefully APple will fix their screw up!

:D Yep! They've fixed it! :D

I'm runnin' the latest Logic update - 9.1.0 (32bit) - and it's working again.........pretty handy when one-man-banding (hey,I've got a nice,little groovy phrase here!)....says he,reachin' out for the strat,positively avoiding the bass laying on the floor,stumbling miserably on the mic cable only to encounter pain with his ring and middle fingers crouched under the keyboard in order not to put his foot through the snare.............

• 4 months later...

They Unfixed it!! Now I'm back to Itunes starting up when I press play on the IR remote or Front row starting when I hit the Menu button (which was invaluable as it used to start recording in Logic) Anyone got a work around please I mis my IR remote control of Logic!!

Post Note:-

Removed Candelair, that I'd been previously using to work around this and it seems to be fixed!

• 4 weeks later...
whats the problem buddy? It works perfectly for me now. Menu goes to record, play er.. plays and the up down selects the tracks and left right moves the playhead back/forth. Did you have any work arounds installed for pre L9? I had to remove mine and set everything back to normal and it works great...finally!!

I have no idea.. I have both logic 8 and 9 on my computer.. I bought 9 recently an i have been using it for about 2 weeks but i tried it with the remote and it just launched front row even when i have logic opened... Im running 9.01 currently. Not sure whats wrong. ANy suggestions?

I have no idea.. I have both logic 8 and 9 on my computer.. I bought 9 recently an i have been using it for about 2 weeks but i tried it with the remote and it just launched front row even when i have logic opened... Im running 9.01 currently. Not sure whats wrong. ANy suggestions?

• 7 months later...

I did this cause I was tired of carrying my Bluetooth keyboard around with me.

It works pretty solid and did not have to setup anything in Logic 9.1.3 with OS 10.6.6. It worked like a charm.... I wish it had a undo recording button but I am satisfied with what I got natively. Thanks guys.