Reversing Midi

peeb

Hi guys, i'm sure i should know how to do this but i can't for the life of me make it work. How do i take a Midi Region and reverse the notes in it? I have tried "Reverse Position" in the Transform Window but it doesn't do what i want or i'm not doing it correctly or combinations of both. It leaves half the notes in the Region alone and moves the other half OUTSIDE the Region. I first got into this trouble when i wanted to record the Midi of a phrase, reverse the notes, bounce to Audio, then reverse the Audio so the that phrase plays the right notes in the correct length and order, just with the audio backwards. I'm basically trying to be The Beatles 40 years too late. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi guys, i'm sure i should know how to do this but i can't for the life of me make it work. How do i take a Midi Region and reverse the notes in it? I have tried "Reverse Position" in the Transform Window but it doesn't do what i want or i'm not doing it correctly or combinations of both. It leaves half the notes in the Region alone and moves the other half OUTSIDE the Region. I first got into this trouble when i wanted to record the Midi of a phrase, reverse the notes, bounce to Audio, then reverse the Audio so the that phrase plays the right notes in the correct length and order, just with the audio backwards. I'm basically trying to be The Beatles 40 years too late. Any help would be greatly appreciated

"...There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.

Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game

It's easy."

Try using an instrument that is already set up with a 'backwards' effect. I think the ENVERB has an ADSR you can play around with to make the note sound like it is being played backwards.

I have tried "Reverse Position" in the Transform Window but it doesn't do what i want....................... It leaves half the notes in the Region alone and moves the other half OUTSIDE the Region.

This is what you need although it doesn't work ideally. If the pattern of notes you want to reverse fills a complete region you need to extend that region to twice its length.

I don't quite understand why it doesn't reverse the pattern but leave the position so the new first note starts where the original first note was, or at least give you an option to do it that way. obviously you can just select all the new notes & slide them back to where you want.