OS X El Capitan - Not supported Software and Hardware

So after reading a bunch of these posts, is it safe to say I CAN update to El Capitan and will have no issues with my Duet (FW)? All the posts I read, said it worked fine after the update. Yet, I'm am still skeptical since I use this for business and I can't afford for my Studio to be down.

Thx.

So after reading a bunch of these posts, is it safe to say I CAN update to El Capitan and will have no issues with my Duet (FW)? All the posts I read, said it worked fine after the update. Yet, I'm am still skeptical since I use this for business and I can't afford for my Studio to be down.

Thx.

there are so many variables, i don't think anyone can guarantee you anything. if you want to upgrade, wait until you have some downtime (ie holidays perhaps), just to play it safe...in case you have to troubleshoot anything.

the good news is...developers are updating plugins etc for 10.11. and there are resources (like this forum) to find fixes if need be.

just my thoughts (of course). 8)

Thx.

there are so many variables, i don't think anyone can guarantee you anything. if you want to upgrade, wait until you have some downtime (ie holidays perhaps), just to play it safe...in case you have to troubleshoot anything.

the good news is...developers are updating plugins etc for 10.11. and there are resources (like this forum) to find fixes if need be.

just my thoughts (of course). 8)

Yeah, it's always disconcerting when this type of thing arises. You want to upgrade the OS, (even though this is primarily maintenance fixes)...but eventually, I'm going to have to. Just don't know what AI to go with since I use this for Voice overs only. Have to do some research.

• 2 weeks later...

Line 6 sent out an email on 12/4/15 announcing that an update (Audio/MIDI Driver version 7.5.7) was released for El Capitan.. Looks like it addresses most of their hardware devices. They recommend completely uninstalling previous versions prior to installing this version..

Announcement here::

http://line6.com/support/forum-0/announcement-73-updated-new-mac-os-1011-el-capitan-driver-757-released/?mkt_tok=3rkmmjwwff9wsronva3kzkxonjhpfsx77ukkx7hr08yy0ez5vunjeuwy2yscs9q/coedcqkzhblfnv0ktk25xq4nrqcf

Regards

Line 6 sent out an email on 12/4/15 announcing that an update (Audio/MIDI Driver version 7.5.7) was released for El Capitan.. Looks like it addresses most of their hardware devices. They recommend completely uninstalling previous versions prior to installing this version..

Announcement here::

http://line6.com/support/forum-0/announcement-73-updated-new-mac-os-1011-el-capitan-driver-757-released/?mkt_tok=3rkmmjwwff9wsronva3kzkxonjhpfsx77ukkx7hr08yy0ez5vunjeuwy2yscs9q/coedcqkzhblfnv0ktk25xq4nrqcf

Regards

Just to confirm, I've installed the line6 7.5.7 USB driver. Works as a charm on OS X 10.11.1

And, to my pleasure, i find that the lexicon MX Edit 2.2 for my MX400 works too after being broken since Mountain Lion. I guess the updates Apple applied to CoreAudio and CoreMidi served multiple purposes.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could not find any official statement that SlateDigital is ok on El Capitan.

I moved it back to the not compatible list because I found a tech support private answer where they state they it isn't.

The Slate website doesn't have any info on this. Pretty suspicious?

If someone has some info on the official statement please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

the latest 10.11 public beta (10.11.4) has an issue with the steinberg eLicenser, just letting people know. i use it with nexus 2... it works on first opening a project, but not on a 2nd opened project.

my workaround (for now), is (sigh) to quit logic, unplug the dongle, replug it, then open the next logic project. refx knows about this, so hopefully there will be a fix soon. the price i pay for installing betas! (which i will continue to do)...

just a quick update, IF anyone's using an elicenser (ie with nexus2): steinberg says a fix is coming with the next 10.11.4 beta (so, on apple's side). also, my workaround above: no need to quit logic before opening another project; when u get the error, uplug/replug the dongle, then hit 'retry' (on the error message window), works.

just a quick update, IF anyone's using an elicenser (ie with nexus2): steinberg says a fix is coming with the next 10.11.4 beta (so, on apple's side). also, my workaround above: no need to quit logic before opening another project; when u get the error, uplug/replug the dongle, then hit 'retry' (on the error message window), works.

Hi - does this apply to the software version, the USB version, or both? Is everything OK with the release version of 10.11.3?

I just remembered that I'm using Arturia Mini V on a current project, and that has an eLicenser USB dongle. I don't normally use it.

Thanks!

Hi - does this apply to the software version, the USB version, or both? Is everything OK with the release version of 10.11.3?

I just remembered that I'm using Arturia Mini V on a current project, and that has an eLicenser USB dongle. I don't normally use it.

Thanks!

no software-only version for nexus2, so...no idea. but the problem is with the dongle not being 'seen' between each new open project, so...maybe you'll be ok. also, bear in mind: this only started for me on 10.11.4 public beta 2...

So, my SSL MadiXtreme64 (PCIe sound card) stopped working on updating to El Capitan. Cannot install drivers. Spoke to some people @ SSL, and got the following info:

For SSL users in general (Duende, MadiXtreme, Nucleus, etc), I found some info here: https://solidstatelogic.secure.force.com/support/articles/en_US/Product_faq/SSL-Software-and-Mac-OS-10-11-El-Capitan-1449579100979/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

You need to disable 'SIP', then hopefully re-enable it: http://www.macworld.com/article/2986118/security/how-to-modify-system-integrity-protection-in-el-capitan.html

It's not pretty, but hopefully it will work - will be back to update soon. I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats!