Logic shutting down on me way to often, HELP!!!!

Philipjent

Ok Logic has been quitting on me way to much. It never did that before so what gives. I should tell you that I installed 3rd party ram and 10.4.9 and ever since then it keeps quitting on me for no reason,especially when I work in midi. Some days it fine and other days its not. I have no idea what do next for the system. I am looking at a MBP but I need this system to hold out a bit. Does anybody have any thoughts on what the issues could be?

The two most likely culprits are:

1) the new RAM might be bad. Try running without it and see if that solves the problem - if it does you need to return the RAM and get some more...

2) a plugin. Quite often a logic crash is due to a badly behaving plugin. Native Instruments ones have been known to cause this amongst others. Try running without plugins enabled and if that helps enable each one until you find the one that causes the crashes.

Good luck!

Well I Have tried everything and logic is still freezing and shutting down when it wants . I need some help.. Could it be 10.4.9 , could it be the ram I installed months ago? Maybe my computer is just shot, maybe its just old and breaking down? Does anybody have any clue of what I can do to fix this?

Yeah - did you see what i said? If you think it may be the RAM try and rule it out by taking out the new RAM and using what you had before. If it doesn't crash that was the problem. I'm pretty sure it won't be 10.4.9 as Logic has been running quite well on many other systems with this version of OS X.