EXS24 ADSR Weirdness

Dave Jolley

So I am new to using the EXS and finally starting to explore it. I've been making some basic instruments with it, mostly sub bass patches made from 1 sample mapped across the whole keyboard.

As I've been dialing in these patches, I can't seem to get my adsr(2) for amp to work properly. Everytime I hit a note the whole note rings out, regardless of how long I've set the release for. Needless to say, this won't work very well for my sub basses.

Anyone run into this before? Have any bright ideas that I may be overlooking?

HELP!

I've had this happen myself, sometimes inexplicably. But one or two definite things to check:

If your Zone is assigned to a Group, check the release time offset in that group (the bottom AHDSR release value). It might be set to something very long. If so, make it zero and then your ENV2 release time control will react normally.

The next possibility is that your Zone is assigned to a Group that doesn't exist. If this is the case, de-assign the Group in that Zone. Or... create a new Group and assign your sample that. See if that fixes the problem.

I'll be curious to know which of these works.

-=sKi=-

Thanks for the reply!

you got me going in the right direction, but the answer to my problem was slightly different than what you sugguested: When making a new instrument, Logic seems to default with "one shot" checked. When I unchecked it, the adsr works as normal. Simple oversight on my part

thanks again for your help. It's people like you that make this place such a cool community

Thanks for the reply!

you got me going in the right direction, but the answer to my problem was slightly different than what you sugguested: When making a new instrument, Logic seems to default with "one shot" checked. When I unchecked it, the adsr works as normal. Simple oversight on my part

thanks again for your help. It's people like you that make this place such a cool community

Ah, the ol' one-shot. I'll have to look out for that myself next time. Cheers!