Should I contunue with this one?

jcknick

First off: really nice! Like it.

So, how did you make this? I really like the texture before the bass and guitar come in, cool use of crowd noise and static....

Did you play the guitar parts?

How do you make your music? AppleLoops, loops? Do you do the programming, etc..?

What kind of vocals do you imagine for this? How long would this piece become?

I know that's a lot of questions, but this forum is about sharing ideas - so hopefully you can let us know how you do your thing.

In answer to your question: Yes! Get a vocalist and finish this! Then let us hear it!

thanks,

John

Whoa! That's a long list... I really appreciate the time you spend for this list.

Here we go with the answers:

All the ambiance and static noises are taken from Logic's apple loops - I got all four JamPacks for this matter... You wouldn't believe it but my mac crashed on Monday therefore I discovered these sounds only yesterday after reinstalling them.

The rock guitar parts are from Apple loops - I find myself leaning to them pretty often when I get tired of pop productions which I am eagerly learning :) I think that I would prefer them rerecorded live when I get to final production..

I know I may sound profane but I am Russian therefore if "programming" is about beat making and midi drawing - then yes, I usually do them myself. If you meant something else - then I would be glad if you'd explain this...

Regarding the vocals: I have a music company under which we hold recording studio - and we have a vocalist whose voice I would like you to evaluate:

http://nuera.ee/files/Black%20doll%20DEMO.mp3

http://nuera.ee/files/What%20is%20love%20DEMO.mp3

but for this song I would l prefer some daring and tight male vocals - like Pink in a man's interpretation...

The length is always a problem for me - when I am alone it's hard to overcome some stumbling blocks and finish what's been started... I always justify this by lack of vocals :)

Anyway I would appreciate your insight and experience on how to overcome writer's block when I am alone... one on one with Logic...

Looking forward to your ideas regarding this track's development..

you in Estonia? i need some mastering done but dont have any hardware, i am in Latvia maybe you could help

for sure - this can be done... though we use software plugs for the time being... see the list of plugs and we recently added McDSP to them :)

here's more detail: www.nueradigital.com

P.S. I am listening to your mix (Labyrinthizm) now. I really like it :) P.M. me for contacts...

you in Estonia? i need some mastering done but dont have any hardware, i am in Latvia maybe you could help

for sure - this can be done... though we use software plugs for the time being... see the list of plugs and we recently added McDSP to them :)

here's more detail: www.nueradigital.com

P.S. I am listening to your mix (Labyrinthizm) now. I really like it :) P.M. me for contacts...

uh oh :) i aint got such a mix :) this is the recent track

http://go.flyingmice.org/wp-content/uploads/nga-supersede-flyingmice_vox_mix.mp3