Please criticize

calvin200001

• 1 month later...

Ive got this new technique for writing songs that although when i explain it, some of you will be like, that's what I've done for years, but as simple as it sounds, i just really figured it out, so if you haven't done this, you need to try it. It works really great.

What I do is I start a new song with one mono audio track and one piano track. then I click record with my vocal mic. I dont use a click, I just begin to sing and use triads (three piano notes) just to find the correct key not to record. the tempo and melody come from within and I just sing and sing till i get one good starting phrase. After I have the phrase, I decide if its 4/4, 6/8 or whatever. Then I make the correct adjustments in the song. After that I create a new audio track and just record myself slapping my leg to the tempo. With that track, I use the BPM counter plugin so the computer automatically tells me what tempo it is in. Then I write the first phrases piano part and re record my vocals to match.

Once I have the phrase with my vocal and piano, I put a simple drum beat in and loop that. So now I have a template to write a whole song. So for the second phrase, I make a third audio track, click record sing over the top of the first phrase just to get the feeling again, and use my intuition to form the second phrase. As I do this, the first part of the piano and voice stops and I just continue to sing over the drum track. I do this as many times as I need to until I get it just right. Then piano and beat change come naturally. I do this for the whole song.

This has worked great for me, and I suggest you try it if you are having trouble writing music using software.

Also, as soon as I get this first song done, I will post here again.

Let me know how this works for you.

• 2 weeks later...

guys I like the vocal layers & fx you have on them. enough to make me join this forum & leave some feedback about them!

However it would be unfair for me to critiscise (if I could) this music as its not really what I'm into, but I did listen to riding the earth 3 or 4 times cos I'm diggin those vocals.

nice

• 2 weeks later...

really like 'people going places'

great vocal production ideas...

what's that effect at the 2 minute mark ???sounds all granuated.....way cool

seems i'm missing a tune...you've deleted one of the three......

look forward to hearing more

be cool :)

what's a 'pst' file...and where do i stick it :D :?:

as a certified pro guy, maybe you could give me a different perspective on the choon i recently posted in the booth......is that a recent qualification :?: i don't remember seeing it in your signature before

No, I have had the cert for a while. but I think I only added it maybe a few months back.

Put the PST file in your MacHD/Library/application support/Logic/Plugin settings/Evoc 20 Polysythn.

Then start logic up and add an evoc to your instrument track. Then go to the settings at the top and you should see the new setting there.

(Ill post on your song in the other thread)

• 7 months later...