Midi timing problem with Express 128

Zymo

Hello Smile

A few weeks ago i bought myself a Motu midi express 128 to expand my midiports for logicpro 7.2.

I discovered when i'm using external hardware (for example an analoge synth, connected with midi) that it is not in sync with my song's metronome (and also with my internal Audio Units).

When playing only external hardware with my sequencer, all my connected hardware plays in sync.

When playing only internal audio units (for example softsynths) with my sequencer, this all will play in sync.

It goes wrong when combining external hardware and internal software with the logicpro sequencer.

I can solve this problem changing the delay to 30ms (theres and option to do that in logic).

It depend also when changing my i/o bufferrate in logic, the lower i set this (for example 64) the accurater my midi hardware works with internal software.

It is really a annoying problem because i have to "guess" which delay i have to set this onto. is there an option that everything works in sync?

Greetings,

• 2 weeks later...

weird, no reactions :/

to make it simple: "how do u guys make sure that your hardware & software are in syncronisation with the sequencer?"

when playing (or recording) i discovered that it is not in syncronisation :/

weird, no reactions :/

to make it simple: "how do u guys make sure that your hardware & software are in syncronisation with the sequencer?"

when playing (or recording) i discovered that it is not in syncronisation :/

In the preferences (I think it's recording). Make sure that the Delay option is saying "All"...

Let me know if that helps.