I made a custom metronome click for drummers

Hey,

I made a custom metronome click track a couple of years ago, I thought I´d just share it if any of you find it useful.

My problem with the Klopfgeist was that I could never hear it properly, especially while playing drums to it. So I did a little "excorsism" on the poor old Klopfgeist, and replaced it with the Ultrabeat percussion bank - mapping it to cowbells and tambourines (not a big fan of cowbells, just making sure I can hear the click no matter what :mrgreen: ).

To use it, place the CST in (Your user name)/Music/Audio Music apps/Channel Strip Settings/Instrument/

Start Logic, make a new project. Click "All" in the mixer, select the metronome track and click "Settings" at the top - then you should see the custom metronome in the presets. Select it. Now the only thing left is mapping the metronome click from project settings.

File - Project Settings - Metronome (or use the key command "Open Metronome Project settings"). Adjust according to the attached screenshot. Then "Save as Template" from the file menu, and you´ll have it ready to go when you´re starting a new project from that template.

By the way, Logic Pro X 10.2.1 has a minor difference in the metronome settings - the "Group" setting, just ignore that for now. If you´re on 10.2.1 - just dial in the settings from my screenshot and leave the "Group" mapping as is :)

Oh, and if you´re ever wondering how to change the "Division" to 4th, 8th, 16th and so on - here´s how. Just make sure you´re showing "Signature/Division" in the display/HUD:

357207293_TempoandDivisiondisplay.png.6e9438626c67999e719f80d5138f630d.png

All this may be old news for some of you, but that´s how it goes.

Audible Click.cst

1699688521_MetronomeSettings.png.6635bfabb9fdf9229f3d448ca38d6db8.png