Too much reverb? Or not enough?

emos28

hi, just recorded this song using logic. it's a bit of an odd one with LOADS of reverb and a big rock ending. usually i am quite restrained with reverb but i just pictured this song like a neil young piano number (like "philadelphia") any feedback appreciated. i can take criticism...i think. try not to be too brutal though, eh?

http://myspace.com/sunparade

cheers

I thought the reverb onthe 1st section was just about right to be honest, I think I would maybe reduce it a little for the ending and tighten the playing - but hey im no way an expert! I did really like the track though - would love to hear anything else you have! cheers, _neil_ :D

hi sounds like a nice piece too, i like the ending. i see what u mean about the piano, i personally would eq the piano more, maybe increase the higher frequencies and sweep the other frequencies to find and maybe take out/reduce in volume the ones that sound bad because it sounds a little muddy. mind u it could be because it's on myspace and not the original quality lol

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, thanks a lot for the replies. it's good to get an objective opinion.

i think you are right, donnie, the piano needs brightening up. it's not just on myspace that it sounds muddy. and the ending does need to be tightened up, too, thats what you get for recording without a click-track!

i've got a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be finished and posted on the net...hope you guys are around for more advice.

cheers