Logic Crashes before Launching After I AccidentlyEnabled DAE

dpcmz

Hello all.

Last week I switched out my Motu 828mkII for a Fireface 800. Great move, until I tried to record audio. Logic was not recognizing any audio signal and I could not determine the correct configuration for it to recognize the inputs on the Fireface.. Stupidly, I enabled DAE and restarted Logic. Now, Logic crashes and freezes before it launches.

I have tried reinstalling Logic 7.2 and updating again up to 7.2.3. But this has not helped. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

I am running OS 10.4.8 on a G5 Quad, Logic 7.2.3.

The answer to your problem was on the forum here a week or so ago but i can't seem to find it. I THINK the answer was to launch logic while holding down the Option key. This forces it to launch with no audio engine enabled and then you can select the one you want and re-launch. If i'm wrong about the Option key, try the other modifiers. Failing that, try to find the thread from a week or so ago or trust that the person who solved the problem last time (maybe Shiver?) will come to your rescue. Best of luck